The requirements of precious metal polishing
The best known precious metals are gold, silver and platinum, primarily for their use in tableware, jewelry, watches and coinage.
Precious metals have more luster, are softer and more malleable than most other metals.
MERARD polishing compounds and buffing mops have been developed specifically to optimize manual and robotic polishing processes on these metals.
The polishing of gold, silver and platinum requires a specific know-how, well mastered by jewelers, jewellers and other specialists of luxury markets.
However, the quality of the polishing compound and the regularity of the buffing mop are key elements to obtain a perfect surface finish and the shine so sought after by these great polishers.
The composition of MERARD buffing mops and pastes are jointly defined, in our laboratory in France, according to each surface.
GOLD, SILVER, PLATINUM, PALLADIUM, PRECIOUS METALS REQUIRE THE BEST POLISHING PASTES AND DISCS FOR PERFECT SHINE.
Polishing of precious metals in many markets
Art of the table
tips for polishing GOLD, SILVER OR PLATINUM ?
Polishing tips for a silver bracelet, mirror finish
Discover below a process frequently used by our jewelry customers looking for a perfect mirror finish.
Recommended polishing compounds and buffing mops for polishing a silver bracelet
You want to polish gold, silver, platinum, palladium and you want more information
on Merard polishing compounds and buffing mops?
Polishing tips for a GOLDEN JEWEL with STANDARD POLISHING
Discover below a process used by jewelry customers looking for productivity and a beautiful finish.
Recommended polishing compounds and buffing mops for polishing a gold ring
POLISHING gold, silver or platinum REQUIRES THE USE OF HIGH QUALITY AND DURABLE PASTES and DISCS.
What solutions for polishing gold, silver or platinum?
LUXOR compounds and discs
LUXOR® polishing compounds and buffing mops are recognized around the world for their high quality polish.
The LUXOR polishing line includes polishing compounds, a superfinishing cream, buffing mops, a microfiber and a cleaning solution, particularly used in the jewelry and watchmaking industries.
This line is particularly appreciated for its excellent final mirror polish on precious metals (gold, silver, platinum…).
- A complete line of polishing compounds and buffing mops covering all polishing operations: pre-polishing, polishing, finishing, super finishing
- Practical and economical kit (buffing mops and compounds in the same box)
- Polishing compound formulation for a clean polishing and easy cleaning of the parts
- Reinforced polishing abrasive power to reduce working time, decrease your consumption and reduce your costs
100% cotton buffing mops
Our 100% cotton buffing mops from the Expert range offer a wide variety of flexibility and compliance for polishing all delicate and/or technical parts.
The 100% cotton buffing mops of the Expert range are recommended for polishing requiring durability, resistance, efficiency and being able to adapt to the most demanding polishing objectives: mirror polish, extreme fineness of surface finish, perfect respect of geometrical criteria…
- Technical cotton canvas elaborated from fine and resistant threads
- Tightly woven to bring you a high quality of polishing on all surfaces
- Advanced treatments and finishing to meet the variety of polishing applications, both manual and automatic (polishing, shining, mastery of sharpening and finishing)
- Sewn, pleated, stapled, ventilated, folded… custom-made assemblies and confections from 40 mm to 1 m in diameter